1. For a VERY small investment each year, you receive benefits that if totaled separately would be significantly more costly
2. Have fun being around others who are passionate about the project management profession
3. Monthly Dinner Meetings:
- Three course dinner is subsidized by the chapter to reduce the cost to our members
- Interesting and relevant presentations by speakers highly regarded in their respective fields. Earn 1 PDU by attending the presentation.
- Outstanding opportunity to network with other PM’s
- Networking opportunity to share information and best practices
- Networking opportunity for those seeking jobs and those offering jobs
- “Jobs Tables” – for members to have focused discussions on seeking employment opportunities as well as “tips and tricks”
4. Free “Member Appreciation Dinner” each year (November)
5. PDU’s, PDU’s, PDU’s – many ways to earn them and keep your certification current! PDU’s are automatically submitted by the chapter to PMI so you do not have to worry about it!
6. “Almost Free” Professional Training – 1 – 2 times / year – minimal cost to members. Earn 7 PDU’s for each.
7. Special discounted enrollment fees to members by training providers. Obtaining PDU’s or PMP preparation classes.
8. Additional association affiliations like Toastmasters which give the member additional opportunities to grow their skills and earn PDU’s.
9. Chapter LinkedIn group. Share information and stay connected to other project management professionals.
10. Results for PMI member survey shows that the chapter has an outstanding record of member retention. People who join and participate enjoy the chapter’s activities and stay with us for a long time!