$0 PMI Members | $0 Non-Members
October 2023 PMI-MC Monthly Chapter Virtual Meeting
Out of stock
“Some people call this artificial intelligence, but the reality is this technology will enhance us. So instead of artificial intelligence, I think we’ll augment our intelligence.” – Gini Rometty, Former CEO of IBM
In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, effective project management is more critical than ever. Projects are becoming increasingly complex, with tighter timelines and stricter budgets, necessitating innovative approaches to ensure success. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has emerged as a powerful tool that can complement traditional project management methodologies and enhance their effectiveness.
This presentation explores the symbiotic relationship between AI and project management, shedding light on how AI can be seamlessly integrated into project management practices to optimize processes, improve decision-making, and drive project success.
We will delve into various aspects of this synergy, including:
- Predictive Analytics: AI-powered algorithms can analyze historical project data to forecast potential risks, resource requirements, and project completion times. This enables project managers to make data-driven decisions and allocate resources more efficiently.
- Automated Task Management: AI-driven task automation can streamline routine project management tasks, allowing project managers to focus on strategic activities and creative problem-solving.
- Intelligent Resource Allocation: AI can analyze team members’ skills, availability, and workload to suggest optimal resource allocations, ensuring that projects are staffed with the right expertise at the right time.
- Real-time Monitoring: AI-powered dashboards provide real-time insights into project progress, helping project managers identify bottlenecks and areas requiring immediate attention.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): NLP can facilitate better communication and collaboration within project teams by extracting valuable insights from project-related documents, emails, and chats.
- Risk Management: AI can identify potential risks and propose mitigation strategies, helping project managers proactively address issues before they escalate.
This presentation will showcase real-world examples of organizations successfully integrating AI into their project management practices, resulting in improved efficiency, cost savings, and overall project outcomes. Moreover, we will discuss the ethical considerations and challenges associated with AI implementation in project management and strategies for overcoming them.
By the end of this session, attendees will have a comprehensive understanding of how AI can be a valuable complement to project management, helping organizations adapt to the dynamic nature of today’s projects and drive better project outcomes. Join us in exploring the future of project management powered by AI.
With 20+ years of experience in Government IT serving the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and the Environmental Protection Agency, Mr. Lowy has gained many perspectives on how project management has progressed thus far in the 21st century. Mr. Lowy has climbed the ranks of Project Management in the IT sector since 2001 when he was on Active Duty in the Marine Corps. With his current journey of serving as a Portfolio Manager for the Air Force’s Digital Transformation, Mr. Lowy’s venture into modernized platforms and modernized and Disciplined agile practices has been a great transition point for his career of which he has continues his lifelong learning commitment adding to his three degrees and eight active industry certifications.
With exposure to many private and public sector strategies for embracing AI as well as completing PMI’s course on ‘Generative AI Overview for Project Managers’, Mr. Lowy will share his research and trend data during the presentation as well as his viewpoints on what the future holds.
That’s Amore Restaurant, 15201 Shady Grove Rd #1, Rockville, MD 20850 (Downstairs Banquet Entrance)
Simulcast delivered via Zoom
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Social Hour/Registration Opens @ 5:45pm (If you arrive any earlier, feel free to start your night up at the restaurant bar on the 1st floor. Live music starts at 6 pm in the bar)
Dinner Service Begins NLT 6:45pm
Zoom Room Opens @ 7:15pm
Chapter Business Remarks No Earlier Than @ 7:30pm
Mr. Lowy’s Presentation w/ Q&A to follow – 7:40pm
|Are you a PMI Member?|